Current National President
Meg has been a member of the War Widows’ Guild of Australia NSW Ltd. since September 2008. Meg joined the Guild following the death of her husband, in May 2008. Meg’s husband was a veteran of the Vietnam conflict having served in Vietnam from 1970 – 1971. He served with 1 Field Troop.
Meg was appointed a Member Director on the New South Wales Board in 2010 and completed her six year term in 2016. Meg also served as State President of the NSW Guild for one year and since 2014 has been the National President of the War Widows’ Guild of Australia. From 2012–2014 she was also the National Treasurer of the War Widows’ Guild of Australia.
Meg was the coordinator of the Younger Members group in NSW and is a member of the NSW Centenary of Anzac Advisory Council, a Centenary of Anzac Ambassador, a Director on the Board of AVCAT and is also a committee member of Veterans Children’s Education Scheme.
Meg has had a long career in the nursing, retiring from the public sector prior to the death of her husband. Whilst employed in the public sector she worked as a general clinical nursing in both surgery and midwifery before moving into management in the field of Waiting List/Bed Management. After retiring from the public sector she worked part time in the aged care sector. Whilst working in the aged care sector she took on the positions of President and Vice-President of the New Horizons Aged Care Branch of the New South Wales Nurses and Midwives Association.
Meg is a Registered Nurse and a Registered Midwife. She also has a Certificate in Orthopaedic Nursing and has also completed a Masters of Nursing.
Past National Presidents
- Mrs Meg Green (2014 – Present)
- Mrs Wendy Charlton (2014)
- Mrs Anne Bonner (2012–2014)
- Mrs Audrey Blood OAM (2008–2012)
- Mrs Norma Whitfield OAM (2004–2008)
- Mrs Kate Rhodes (2004)
- Mrs Kath Ross OAM (2002–2004)
- Mrs June Healy OAM (1998–2002)
- Mrs Eileen Watt (1994–1998)
- Mrs Marie Kays (1992–1994)
- Mrs Billie Cutler (1990–1992)
- Mrs Lucille Wallis (1986–1990)
- Mrs Billie Hughes (1981–1986)
- Mrs Gwen Forsyth OBE BEM (1977–1981)
- Mrs Janet Mayo (1966–1977)
- Mrs Jessie Vasey CBE (1945–1966)