The AWWNSW 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM) is scheduled to take place in June. At the AGM three elected positions become available on the Board of Directors. Two Directors, Ms Rhondda Vanzella OAM and Ms Barbara Jeanes are retiring from their roles following the completion of their respective terms under clause 8.5 (a) of the Company Constitution.
Another position has become available following the resignation of Ms Dianne Vogt. All three positions on the Board are to be elected and nominations are now open.
In order for nominations to be valid, they must be made by two financial members and the nominee must accept the nomination. Nominees need not be members of the Company.
As in previous years, I will receive the nominations in my capacity as Company Secretary. Should there be a postal ballot required, that process will be overseen by the Company Auditors.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR COMPANY DIRECTORS
In accordance with Clause 8 of the Constitution of Australian War Widows NSW LTD (‘the Constitution’) I advise the membership that three positions on the Board of Directors will be declared vacant on 16 June 2022. All three positions are to be elected by members.
I now call for nominations from the member base to fill those positions. In accordance with clause 8.2 (b) of the Constitution any ordinary member can nominate any qualified person to serve as a Director.
- In accordance with clause 8.2 (b) of the Constitution any ordinary member can nominate any qualified person to serve as a Director.
- In accordance with clause 8.2 (d) of the Constitution and the guidance in the nomination pack, nominations are to be received no later than close of business Tuesday 26 April 2022 either by email or post.
- In accordance with clause 8.2 (g) of the Constitution, if less than three nominations are received the positions will be filled accordingly and any remaining positions filled casually by the Board.
- In accordance with clause 8.2 (h) of the Constitution, if more than three nominations are received a postal ballot will be held where members entitled to vote will be invited to do so.
- Nomination Form and Checklist
- Information Sheet – Commitment and FAQs
- Information Sheet – Nomination and Election Process
Nominees will need to request the Nominations Pack which will be sent to them electronically.
Nominations are due no later than close of business TUESDAY 26 APRIL 2022.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 9267 6577.
Company Secretary and Chief Executive Officer
Australian War Widows NSW Ltd