BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
War Widows NSW provides understanding, contact, and friendship with other war widows, as well as a range of benefits and services to its members.
The organisation has achieved significant improvements to the assistance provided to war widows through its advocacy over the years. A wide range of benefits and concessions have been achieved. The organisation advocates on behalf of war widows to the Commonwealth, NSW and local governments and to other organizations. War Widows NSW’s officials also participate in a number of consultative forums on behalf of war widows, which can improve the arrangements for war widows.
War Widows NSW offers friendship to members through:
- Guild and Social clubs throughout Sydney and regional areas
- Friendship Line – member volunteers speak to fellow members in regional areas, or those who are housebound or unwell
- Trips and excursions through the Clubs
- Hospital visiting
- Transport assistance which helps members access our activities if they cannot use public transport
- Special Interest Groups
War Widows events:
- ANZAC Field of Remembrance
- Annual General Meeting
- War Widows Walk and Picnic
- Guild Annual Christmas Party
- Members Christmas parties
- Healthy Lifestyle: Fun, Food and Friendship Days within Clubs
War Widows NSW also provides to members:
WHO CAN BECOME A MEMBER OF WAR WIDOWS NSW?
Membership is open to DVA designated war widows and defence widows, whose spouses or partners have died as a result of their war, defence or peace-keeping service. War widows recognised as such by other allied countries may also join the organisation.
Members pay an annual membership fee of $30, due on 1 April each year. Life members (who have been a member of our organisation for 50 years or more) and Past State Presidents do not pay a fee.
Download and complete the Membership Renewal form, and return, with your membership payment to:
Australian War Widows NSW Ltd
Suite 1.01, Level 1, 9 Help Street, CHATSWOOD NSW 2067
Alternatively, you can call us on 02 9267 6577 or 1800 451 615 (Country) to renew your membership over the phone.