From the AWWNSW team and family to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a New Year of good health and happiness.
Our new team have come to know many of you throughout this challenging year and hope we meet many more in 2022.
We look forward to taking AWWNSW through the next phase of growth as we welcome more from our community. We take much pride in the work we do here in a place where meaning and purpose unite. We are excited about the future and hope to help make a difference to more members, widows, women and families.
To our members and the many other veteran organisations, suppliers, government and our Patron, thank you for your continued support.
As we close out another year, we want the veteran community to know you are not alone. If there is any support, information or guidance you require, please reach out.
Our office will be closed for a short while but there is still help available.
If you, or someone you know, is having a tough time during the festive season and needs support, please contact any of these services:
- Open Arms – Veterans & Families Counselling – 1800 011 046
- Defence Member and Family Support Helpline – 1800 624 608
- All-hours Support Line – 1800 628 036 Australian Department of Defence
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14 (24/7 crisis support line)
- Beyond Blue – 1300 224 636 (24/7 telephone, website or email short-term counselling)
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467 (24 hour counselling for suicide prevention and mental health support)
The AWWNSW office will be closed from Friday 24 December 2021 and will re-open Tuesday 4 January 2022. The phones will not be in operating during the closedown period and emails will be responded to upon return to the office.
Take care and stay safe.