THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Annual General Meeting of the Australian War Widows NSW Ltd will be held on Thursday, 27 August 2020 in Sydney. Below you can find the Notice of the 2020 Annual General Meeting and Explanatory Memorandum.
As a result of COVID-19 we must exercise caution when organising events. Due to this, the Board of Directors has decided to conduct the AGM via Zoom video conferencing this year. The reasons for using a digital platform to hold the AGM are as follows:
1. Virtual meetings have been identified as in the ‘lowest risk’ category for individuals wanting to attend meetings.
2. Due to current health guidelines in place by the NSW Government, we are not able to accommodate members’ safety in the meeting and via transport.
3. NSW Health advises that elderly people remain at a higher risk for severe complications arising from COVID-19. As a result, we have adapted our meeting format accordingly.
Below you can find instructions on how to call into the AGM or join by Zoom video conferencing. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact head office and we will do our very best to assist you.
Please note: Only Financial Members can vote at the AGM.
HOW TO ATTEND THE AGM BY ZOOM
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a a conferencing service which allows you to chat with one another using audio and /or video.
Audio (Calling in)
- Call in by phone, landline or mobile
- No need for a computer or smartphone with camera
- Speak and listen to other participants
- Use a computer, tablet or smartphone with camera.
- Install the Zoom program on your decide
- See and talk to other participants
There is no cost to you when you participate in a Zoom conference for the Annual General Meeting.
For Members who know how to use Zoom
If you already used Zoom before, you can use these access details to call into the AGM or join the AGM with video. After joining, you will be placed in a ‘waiting room’ before being admitted to the meeting.
Teleconferencing number: +61 2 8015 6011
Meeting ID: 256 853 1895
ZOOM web link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2568531895
For Members who are new to Zoom
You do not need a computer, iPad/tablet or smartphone for this option. Your existing phone is sufficient, whether it is a landline or your mobile such as a Samsung, iPhone or other.
- Call the teleconference number: 8015 6011.
- After you dial in, you will be asked to enter a Meeting ID.
- Using your dial pad, enter the number 256 853 1895.
- You will be placed in a ‘waiting room’ pending confirmation before you are allowed to enter the AGM.
Video Conferencing instructions
To join the AGM by video conferencing, you need a computer, tablet or smartphone with camera. You will also need to install the Zoom program on your device. You do not have to sign up for an account to join a meeting.
Depending on your preferred device, please choose instructions:
DATE OF EVENT
Thursday, 27 August 2020
TIME OF EVENT
Start Time: 10am start
ADDRESS OF EVENT
Zoom Video Conferencing