Emergency and disaster information
We thank everyone in the community who has shown tremendous bravery and care helping others in need during these immense catastrophic weather conditions. We hope our members and followers are staying safe and well cared for.
Thank you to our members, volunteers and staff for checking in on each other over the phone during this time.
A reminder that your mobile phone may help you in the case of natural disasters. There are phone numbers, apps and websites available to help you in an emergency including:
- NSW SES on 132 500. In life threatening emergencies, call 000
- Australian Government emergency and disaster assistance
- Australian Government recovery and relief announcements
- Current NSW SES community advice
- Current locations of evacuation centres
- Australian Red Cross service to register, find and reunite people after an emergency
- ABC listen app provides local programs and emergency broadcasts from any ABC radio station around Australia
- Emergency+ app has been developed by Australian emergency services, government and industry. It helps you ring Triple Zero and provides you with your GPS co-ordinates so you can explain where you are to an operator. Both apps can be downloaded on Google Play or the App Store.
Take care, stay safe.