For the first time in almost a century, our streets were empty on Anzac Day. While our regular services were cancelled and familiar rituals missing, we were introduced to new ways of remembering those who served, those who died and those who are still serving. Driveway commemorations with neighbours allowed us to still pay respect while maintaining distance. To record this historic day, NSW State Library collected images as a record of this year’s unique commemoration so that people looking back will see how Covid-19 marked 2020 Anzac Day.
Our latest newsletter contains some important COVID-19 updates as well as member stories to bring some joy to you during these difficult times. The following topics are included:
- Information on the COVIDsafe tracing app
- DVA information on Telehealth services
- Open Arms availability during COVID-19
- Information on myGov branded scam email
- Special Birthday Celebrations
- Crafting for wildlife in need
Please click here to read the full newsletter. We’re All in this Together! Stay Safe.
Rhondda Vanzella OAM
President War Widows NSW
“We rise by lifting others